12 Contact Hours
New Workshop – Learn How To Apply TIR To Children
An excellent two-day workshop for those Practitioners that work with children, as well as for Practitioners who would like to work with children.
Incorporating the use of play with TIR, this is a structural yet person-centered approach to resolving the emotional charge contained in a child’s trauma and eliminating the negative aftereffects in a brief amount of time. This workshop also teaches the technique of unblocking, especially designed for children in a language they can understand.
This workshop was developed by Judith Steiner (LMHC, LMHC Intern Supervisor, Certified Senior TIR Trainer and Certified LSR Trainer) and Teresa Descilo (MSW, MCT, Senior AE Trainer, and Founder and Executive Director of the Trauma Resolution Center).
As demonstrated through supervised activities and examination, the student will be able to:
- Explain the theory and practice of TIR for children
- Compare the variations of TIR for children 6-12 and children under 6
- Explain the theory and practice of Unblocking For Children
- Discuss the reasoning behind modifying TIR to address children
- Utilize communication exercises to increase rapport with clients
- Describe the importance of using play with children
Prerequisite: Traumatic Incident Reduction Workshop (TIRW)
*CONTINUING EDUCATION: 12 CE Credits.
AMI is approved as a provider of continuing education by the Florida Dept. of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance, Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling. (CE Provider #50-17430).